Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Answers to Questions

O.k. Spider I can't believe we didn't even mention the book the whole time we were together. 1) Which characters did you find the most compelling and/or relatable and why. Well the character's are what did it for me in this book, they were all so colorful. I loved the interaction between the characters. The little love interest between Dr. Deleware was cool, it made his character real, and all he's going through, I enjoyed the relationship of the friendship between he and Milo, who I also liked. I guess I find Dr. Delaware more relatable, since I have a degree in psychology. I did have a hard time putting the book down, he has a remarkable eye for detail, but at times I felt I needed to go back and reread. Although I figured out the villain quite early, which I didn't think I would do. He does accomplish bringing the characters to life for me. I found the beginning kind of dragging, but midway I really got into it. I sort of got tired while Milo and Delaware visited one suspect after another.

2) Do you think this book would make a good movie?Why /why not? It just jumped around so much in the beginning, I think the viewers would lose interest. It has so much going on, I almost decided to start drawing a diagram of who was who. I personally say no.3) What makes this book distinctive? As I said earlier Kellerman's eye for detail, I think that his descriptions of each character are very detail and distinctive. The whole subplot seems distinctive as well.4) Were the plots/subplots believable? Were they interesting? Very, you seem to be asking the questions as I read them, seems I have described it in the question above. I think what I enjoyed the most was the last 5 chapters. It was very intersting by the time I was half way into the book. At first I was excited more because this was our first book in the book club. I really got into it half way. It really got wild towards the end.
5) What did you like/dislike about this book. Are you glad you read it ? Would you recommend it to a friend? Would you be willing to read more books by this author? Likes /dislikes: I disliked that the only character I was starting to like gets it. I really wasn't crazy about the other victims, I disliked that I figured out the villian so soon. Other than that no other real dislikes. Lots of. I liked the relationship growing between the doc and Robin, it gave something to the character, feeling maybe. I liked that I found myself actually talking to the characters. This is not a book, I'd usually read, but after reading it, I think I may have to read another one of Kellerman's books, to see if it grabs me like this one did. Maybe start from the beginning of the series.

3 Comments:

Blogger Spider said...

You know Derek - I though about it on several occasions, the Tony started kissing a statue or stroking a tail or something and I got distracted!

4:59 PM  
Blogger ScottK said...

Derek The Murder Book is the one that actualy got me started on this series. I thin the first one with Dr Delaware is called "When the Bough breaks"

8:57 PM  
Blogger ScottK said...

P.S. I don't think I have your recommendation for book 2 yet do I ??

8:58 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home