Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Spider's Spin...

1) Which characters did you find the most compelling and /or relatable, and why? Milo was an interesting one... like Scott, it was refreshing to find a gay character that was just an average man - no bizarre sex drive, not a hottie or a stud or an asshole, just an average cop with his own neuroses who happened to be gay. In my opinion, none of the sub-characters were developed very well - they were all very predictable and almost cookie-cutter...
2) Do you think this book would make a good movie? Why or why not? I am afraid that it would not make a good movie - it just doesn't seem like it would translate well to the screen - the plot bogs down at times, it repeats itself in themes and takes a long time to get going... there is really nothing here to make it a distinctive film...
3) What makes this book distinctive? Yikes - I think I answered this one above. Don't get me wrong - this was a great read and I enjoyed it and am glad I read it - just not a book that I will really remember in 6 months...
4) Were the plots and sub plots believable? For the most part they were... there were some "leaps of faith" tossed in there, but there always are in books like this. Were they interesting? Yea they were...
5) What did you like/dislike about the book? Again, it was an enjoyable read - I would have never read this or anything like it if it were not in this setting. Were you glad you read it? I sure am! Like a man, I can find SOMETHING I like in everything I read! Would you recommend it to a friend? If I knew they were a fan of this style of writing then I would. Would you be willing to read more books by this author? Probably not - but then again, one never knows!

This was a BLAST! I can't wait to start reading the next one! Scott, you are DA MAN for coming up with this idea!

1 Comments:

Blogger ScottK said...

Brett I am glad you are enjoying the ride,even though I know you didn't particularly like this book. Thanks for stickin with it til the end ! Great answers btw.

8:56 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home