Tuesday, September 11, 2007

By the light of the moon.....Who wants to be a superhero?!

By the light of the moon was a good read. I enjoyed the story line until the very end. It seemed to me that he had this great story going, but didn't know how to end it. So my first question is:

How would you have ended the story? Keep the line of thought up until they reach the radio broadcasters house, and then think how you would have ended it, instead of them being "superheroes".

Koontz is a great writer and the book kept me intrigued....until the very end, then I felt like Stan Lee was going to appear and name the next superhero!

Good pick ya'll

5 Comments:

Blogger JL said...

Thank YOU Sterling!!!!! I,too, hated the ending. I felt as thought IF this were the beginning of a trilogy or something then MAYBE the ending would have been ok. I'll have to think about a better ending though.

2:52 PM  
Blogger ScottK said...

Okay Okay I concede that the end was a bit lame. As JL and I discussed via email,the ending was just lame. It left more questions than it gave answers. But let me play devil's advocate here and state that with the way it ended it does kinda keep you guessing to formulate your own opinion as to what happens next(or in a sense where do we go from here?) I do agree with you both that the ending was kind of lame,and yet,I am at a loss to tell you how it should have ended or how he could have ended it with more closure than questions.

9:50 PM  
Blogger ScottK said...

And I wonder if I should have thrown in a couple more kinda lames in the above comment.

9:51 PM  
Blogger Patrick said...

I think what bothers me most about the ending is that is anything really finished? Yes...the "good doctor" has been murdered, but what of the organization chasing them? This ending left me feeling like I had just watched an episode of Heros...sans commercials.

7:02 AM  
Blogger JL said...

I'm with Scott (greggoryk) on the not knowing how I thought it should end, somehow just different. I even went back last night to re-read the last couple of chapters, alas.

1:33 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home