Wednesday, September 12, 2007

By the light of the.............. arbitrary character

To me Jill was pretty much a weak character, it seems that the only reason she was there was so Dylan would have someone else to interact with( more so than he could with Shep). Her "powers" were sort of lame. I mean all she really did was have visions of a church and birds, until the end where all she did was copy Shep's ability to go here there. And who was at this wedding that it actually merited assassins ?? My question to you would be if you had written Jilly as a character what would you do to make her a bit more memorable?? Or if you disagree with me about her defend her in a related comment .

3 Comments:

Blogger JL said...

She did seem a bit "weak" only because it seemed odd that it took HER so long to figure out that she could "here-there". I too, wondered who was at the wedding to warrant killin'. I also wondered why every single person they seemed to run in to was just bad, mean - except the waitresslady. I think I would have given her totally different powers - or maybe none at all, just so that she would have benn not the same.

1:40 PM  
Blogger ScottK said...

Yeah, remember how Proctor said "that once it "stuff" took effect it would either do wonderful things to you or it would kill you". Maybe she should have died ( not that I am advocating killing for killing sake) but if she died after she got with Dylan and Shep it would have perhaps made Dylan a bit more nervous about what was floating through his veins.

4:02 PM  
Blogger JL said...

oh very interesting thought there GreggoryK!!! The whole time I just kept expecting for them to wake up one morning and Shep be, Um what's the PC way to say this? "Without his illness" maybe. But then all I could think of was that story in high school lit - Flowers for Algernon(sp?) and I just imagined him getting to a place and then I don't know the "stuff" somehow getting out of his system and him going back to the way he was. Hows that for a rambling thought?

7:45 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home